UAE is the second safest country in the world
The UAE has been ranked the second safest country in the world by the World Economic Forum (WEF), up one position from 2016.
WEF has profiled 136 countries for safety and security and the UAE fell right behind Finland and also won the highest spot in the Gulf region.
The UAE also holds the title for the third best air transfer infrastructures in the world, in both connectivity and the quality of its services. It has recorded a surge in visitors in the past two years, welcoming 14.4 million international visitors in 2015, four million more than 2013 and 2014. Dubai alone reached a staggering 14.9 million tourists in 2016.
Dubai is now the fourth most visited city in the world and tourists spend more in the emirate compared to any other destination. Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing revealed that at this rate, Dubai could be achieving its goal of 20 million visitors by 2020. Even Abu Dhabi is showing signs of competitiveness as it is now the third fastest-growing city in the world and tops in the Middle East with a 19.8 growth rate.
The UAE has always been well known for making its residents and tourists feel safe at any time of the day. A recent report by the RTA uncovered possessions found in its ‘lost and found’ by Dubai taxis. The most precious items were a handbag with $20,000 inside and up to 44kg of gold in two separate occasions. The items were all returned to their rightful owners.
Popular holiday destinations such as the United Kingdom and the United States took some of the lowest rankings for safety, coming in at 78th and 84th.
Other countries in the Middle East that rounded up the top 10 for safety and security included Oman, which came in fourth, and Qatar, which filled in the 10th spot.
- Dubai luxury homes set for a rebound July 31, 2018
- Dubai’s new visa rule will promote long-term investment July 7, 2018
- Dubai best globally for infrastructure: Knight Frank March 22, 2018
- AED 204 billion of real estate transactions in 9 months November 18, 2017
- Dubai Land Department reveals the top 10 nationalities that invested in Dubai’s real estate market over the past 18 months October 4, 2017
- Is this how Dubai will look in 2030? August 2, 2017
- Damac, Amlak offer second home financing July 25, 2017
- UAE is the second safest country in the world July 23, 2017